Request an Evaluation!
Therapy Dogs Orlando
Your Dog Can Help Improve People’s Lives
Do you know the benefits of a trained therapy dog? Scientific research has proven that pet owners live longer than the people who do not own dogs? The conclusions of the findings are convincing enough.
- Dogs love you unconditionally. Very unlike humans, who shower affection but with some reservations.
- Dogs know how to communicate with you without a spoken word, though we are suspicious of somebody who does not express his or her feelings vocally.
It’s not just the owner that benefits but anyone who comes in contact with a dog, especially one trained as a Therapy Dog. It is high time we realize the potential dogs have in providing therapeutic benefits to humans. There is no doubt that dog therapy has proved to be effective in treating a broad range human conditions such as depression, mental retardation, and even Down’s syndrome. There is evidence that quite a few people with physical, cognitive, and behavioral problems have benefited by dog therapy.
If you have a dog that meets the requirements for therapy dog training and live in Orlando, you can be a partner in assisting persons in hospitals, schools, nursing homes, and other amenities or even have a dog trained for a loved one.
For example, you can join programs where your pet can help people by visiting them.
How Can Your Pet Help?
If you are interested that your dog should become a therapy animal in your area, here are some things you can do.
- First find out what the local senior facilities in Orlando require.
- For the safety of senior residents, the facilities may require that the pet is certified for dog therapy. They should accept proof of immunization or a certification from your veterinarian that the dog is suitable for pet therapy. Southland can assist every step of the way.
- Check with your insurance agent regarding any issues that may crop up in case of any liabilities.
- Discuss with your veterinarian about health regulations in Orlando.
You can even join Delta Society that will offer you hints on how your pet can be of therapeutic use. Delta Society is a nonprofit organization that helps people live a better quality of life by incorporating therapy and companion animals in their lives. If you pet has a calm temperament and loves being touched by other humans, it can surely be of help in your locality. After all, they say the most serious disease for older people is not cancer or heart disease, but loneliness. Human emotions can heal in many ways other than conventional medicine. We should not reduce human emotions to some form of reactions relating to chemical substances. It is heartening to observe that people’s health can vastly improve by coming into contact with animals. If you’re ready to move forward or need more info on Therapy Dog training in Orlando just fill out the form to the right or call us at 866-418-7246